The Sunshine Yoga Baby Method is a Yoga program for babies from 2 months to 3 years old, in the company of a parent or other caregiver.
This method adapts the postures of Hatha Yoga to the stages of development of the baby, using tender, fun, rhythmic and sensory exploration exercises that allow the development of the baby to happen in a harmonious and balanced way. They are moments of exclusive dedication to the baby, thus providing the sharing of love, affection and fun between parents and children.
Through songs, stories, games, body postures, breathing exercises and relaxation, we work psychomotor development, intelligence and emotion management, as we cultivate the principles of nonviolence, truth, peace and joy. All of these are, thus, small seeds of Yoga that we are depositing in our little ones.
The Sunshine Yoga Baby method develops confident children and transforms conscious adults — both are encouraged to think freely and clearly, develop balanced and connected emotions, and have initiative to act and contribute to a better world.
Benefits of Baby Yoga for BABIES:
– Promotes a more regular and calm sleep;
– Helps balance, coordination and motor skills;
– Stimulates the brain and future learning;
– Develops physical confidence and spatial awareness;
– Improves muscle development;
– Stimulates the body systems: digestive, nervous, respiratory, immune;
– Helps the baby in the transition from one stage of development to another;
– Help your baby deal positively with change, that is, by integrating new challenges at your own pace;
– It promotes a quality emotional bond with parents that stays for a lifetime and thus will be the basis for future social relationships.
Benefits of Baby Yoga for PARENTS:
– Promotes a strong parent-baby bond;
– Helps parents and baby to get to know each other better through non-verbal communication;
– Promotes interaction in a nourishing social environment for parents and babies;
– Reduces stress and anxiety;
– Promotes emotional balance.
Respecting the natural development of the baby and its internal availability for practice, Baby Yoga classes evolve on 3 levels:
Level 1 (from 2 to 7 months): calm and focused on the mother / father-baby dyad;
Level 2 (from 7 months to march / march at 24 months): it has a more social component;
Level 3 (from 2 to 3 years): with more playful characteristics linked to the child’s imagination.
Classes can last 30-45 minutes, depending on the age and internal availability of the babies.
What to bring to classrooms:
– blanket / cloth diaper to throw the baby (from 2 to 7 months);
– comfortable clothing + non-slip socks for both parents and baby;
– hygiene articles and waterproof protection for diaper changes.
Note: During the course of the lesson, the mother / father / caregiver is perfectly comfortable to interrupt if you have to feed, change the diaper or comfort the baby in the lap and, as soon as possible, resume the rhythm of the group. The baby’s needs always come first!
Teacher: Joana Menano